Consumers that received a mailer from Citi to apply for a Citi Diamond Preferred Credit Card can apply online at www.citi.com/applydiamondpreferred. The online application for many consumers is considered the fastest way to apply and receive an instant decision versus completing the paper application that you received in the mail and sending it back in the mail. It can take up to 7 days before you’ll know if you’ve been approved or not.
How to Apply For Citi Diamond Preferred Card
If you’ve decided to apply online you can follow these steps from start to finish in the application process:
- visit www.citi.com/applydiamondpreferred
- enter your 12 digit Citi Diamond Preferred invitation code
- enter your last name
- click the Apply Now button
The invitation number along with your last name identifies you and helps to prepopulate your information onto the application form to speed up the process. The last step is to select “Proceed to Application.”
You will then complete the rest of the Citi Diamond Preferred pre-selected application form and at the end submit it for approval. The approval process only takes a minute or so to learn if you’ve been approved or denied the card.
During the application process you will need to enter more personal details such as:
- mortgage or rent amount
- email address
- how long you’ve worked at your current job
- how long you’ve lived at your current residence
Citi Diamond Preferred Card Highlights
There are a number of features that are attached to this card but the major highlights you will enjoy are:
- 21 month 0% introductory APR on balance transfers
- 12 month 0% introductory APR on purchases
The major features of this particular card that will attract new consumers is the 21 month 0% introductory annual percentage rate on balance transfers. This is a huge deal for so many consumers because they can transfer a high interest credit card debt from another card onto the Diamond Preferred card at citi.com/applydiamondpreferred and immediately begin saving money in interest.
With this no intro APR on balance transfers users can realize how much faster they can pay off their old credit card debt because they are not being penalized compounding interest. Higher credit card balances take longer to pay off because of the continued interest being added on. This card totally eliminates the high interest rate for the first 21 months allowing you the ability to pay the card off.
A secondary feature that is also attractive is the 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases. As soon as you open the account this perk begins and after the 12 months expire the actual credit card APR will kick in depending on your credit between 14% and 24%.
Basic Diamond Preferred Features
Here are other features you can expect and enjoy from the offer at citi.com/applydiamondpreferred:
- Card is specifically for individuals with excellent credit
- No annual fee
- Free access to FICO scores
- Extra perks such as access to pre-sale tickets, purchase protection
- 24/7 access to personalized concierge service
- Balance transfer either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- $0 fraud liability if card is stolen
- Special cardholder access to a variety of ticket presales
- Rental card insurance
- Travel insurance
- Purchase protection
- 24/7 customer service – call number on the back of your card for assistance
- Apple Pay – for quick and easy payments with a simple touch you can pay in app at over 200,000 stores with the iPhone 6, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3.
- Automatic account alerts – keep you informed, sends reminders of balance levels, payments due, over the credit limit, by email or directly to your mobile phone.
Consumers that received the mailer can apply online while the offer is available at www.citi.com/applydiamondpreferred.