Woman Louise Windsor to inherit Prince Philip’s carriage and horses | Leisure

Lady Louise Windsor is said to be inheriting Prince Philip’s carriage and horses.

The 17-year-old King, who is the daughter of Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, was coached by their late grandfather and shared his passion for the sport. Now it is said that she will take care of his. The legacy lives on in the future.

Sources told the Daily Mail that Louise will inherit the dark green aluminum and steel car made eight years ago to the Duke of Edinburgh’s specifications and will continue to lead his two ponies, Balmoral Nevis and Notlaw Storm, through their ponies in steps Windsor Castle.

The two fallen ponies were seen at Philip’s funeral on Saturday (04/17/21) pulling his cart on which was his driving cap, gloves, blanket and even the plastic tub with the red lid in which he kept their sugar lump rewards.

The Duke, who died earlier this month at the age of 99, started horse-drawn carriage driving in 1971 after wrist arthritis put a strain on his polo match days.

He is credited with shaping the sport in Great Britain and he represented Great Britain at six world championships and three European championships, which he competed professionally until his 80s.

Philip previously wrote of his love of the sport: “I’m getting old, my reactions are slowing and my memory is unreliable, but I’ve never lost the joy of driving a team through the British countryside.”

Louise paid tribute to her and her grandfather’s shared passion at his weekend funeral by adding a rider’s brooch to her outfit, which contained a horse’s head and a ruffled whip.

In 2019 Philip was proud to see Louise finish third in the Private Driving Singles’ carriage ride during the Royal Windsor Horse Show.

Sophie previously said of her daughter’s talent in horse-drawn carriage: “Of course she’s so good at it that she really is. It’s something that she has received very well.”

BBC protection of Philip’s dying attracts report complaints | Leisure

LONDON (AP) – The BBC’s coverage of the death of Prince Philip has generated nearly 110,000 public complaints, making it the UK’s most objectionable television program

The station released its regular shows on two television channels on Friday to launch a series of special programs after Queen Elizabeth II’s husband passed away at the age of 99. Popular shows like “EastEnders” and the cooking contest show “Masterchef” have been postponed and replaced with news broadcasts and recorded honors, and the BBC Four channel has been completely taken off the air.

BBC radio stations also broadcast programs on Philip.

The BBC said in a statement Thursday that Philip’s death was a “significant event that attracted great interest both nationally and internationally,” but acknowledged that some felt the rolling coverage was excessive.

“We acknowledge that some viewers have been unhappy with the level of coverage and the impact this has had on the television and radio programming that is billed,” she continued. “We don’t make such changes without careful consideration and the choices we make reflect the role the BBC plays as a national broadcaster in moments of national importance.”

The company also received complaints about its decision to include Prince Andrew in its tribute coverage despite his association with U.S. sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. It said it had “handled his comments appropriately”, reported in detail on the allegations against Andrew and made it clear that he had not been charged with any criminal offense.

Non secular leaders recall Prince Philip’s non secular curiosity | Leisure

In the 1960s, he helped set up St. George’s House, a religious study center at the Windsor Castle seat of the royal family, where Philip discussed the state of the world with clergy, academics, businessmen and politicians.

He regularly visited Mount Athos, a monastic community and religious sanctuary in Greece, and was a long-time sponsor of the Templeton Prize, a lucrative award for his contribution to the “spiritual dimension” of life, of which Mother Teresa is one of the winners.

Philip’s longtime environmental protection, during which he acted as patron of the Worldwide Fund for Nature, was tied to his faith. In 1986 he organized a summit meeting in Assisi, Italy, at which representatives of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism committed themselves to protecting the environment. Philip said at the time that “a new and powerful alliance has been made between the forces of religion and the forces of conservation”.

Philip was blunt and quick-witted and known for making comments that could be deeply offensive, some of them sexist and racist. However, Uganda-born former Archbishop of York John Sentamu said those who viewed Philip as bigot are far from the goal.

“If someone challenged him, you’d get into an amazing conversation,” Sentamu told the BBC. “The problem was that people had this deference because he was the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen’s husband.

Pope Francis hails Prince Philip’s ‘distinguished file’ of public service | Leisure

Pope Francis praised Prince Philip’s “outstanding report” on the public service in a telegram to Queen Elizabeth.

The leader of the Catholic Church offered condolences to the Queen after the Duke of Edinburgh passed away at Windsor Castle on Friday morning (04/09/21).

The tribute read: “Sadly at the death of your husband, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, His Holiness Pope Francis expresses his heartfelt condolences to Her Majesty and the members of the Royal Family.

“His Holiness recalls Prince Philip’s devotion to his marriage and family, his excellence in public service and his commitment to the education and advancement of future generations, and praises him for the merciful love of Christ our Savior.

“On you and on all who mourn his loss in the sure hope of the resurrection, the Holy Father invokes the blessings of the Lord of comfort and peace.”

The Dalai Lama also expressed condolences to the Queen.

In a statement on his official Twitter page, the Tibetan Spiritual Leader said: “After the death of Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, I pray for him and express my condolences to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles and the Royal Family on this sad time. “

News of Prince Philip’s death at the age of 99 was announced by Buckingham Palace on Friday.

In a statement, the palace said: “It is with deep sadness that Her Majesty the Queen announced the death of her beloved husband, HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

“HRH passed away peacefully at Windsor Castle this morning.

“Further announcements will be made in due course.

“The royal family, along with people around the world, mourn his loss.”