Marvel Entertainment has announced that it is entering the non-fungible token (NFT) space. The wholly owned subsidiary of Walt Disney Company and popular comic book creator, says Marvel fans can purchase “Official Marvel NFT Digital Collectibles, Digital Comics, and more.”
Marvel publishes NFT digital comics and collectibles through the Veve app
- The comic and film giant Marvel entertainment is getting into NFTs, according to a press release published on Thursday. The announcement indicates that Marvel aims to bring digital collectibles, digital comics, and other NFT products to market.
“Since the beginning, collecting has always gone hand in hand with being a Marvel fan,” said Dan Buckley, president of Marvel Entertainment, in a statement. “Like us, Veve understands that collecting is as much about the experience as it is about the product, and we look forward to expanding that experience for our fans in the years to come,” added Buckley.
- The comics started in 1939, but Marvel’s entertainment line started in 1998 and is based in New York City. The corporate unit with 1,786 employees makes an estimated $ 366 million per year in revenue.
- For the NFT venture, Marvel has partnered with Orbis Blockchain Technologies Limited, a company that operates the Veve Digital Collectibles app. The application is available for iOS and Android. The app allows Marvel fans to buy and trade the company’s unique offers.
- The announcement also states that users of the Veve app can also “search for rare (and even secret) NFT comics and collectibles and showcase their hard-earned collection in fully customizable virtual showrooms.”
- Veve’s in-app currency called Gems is required to purchase official Marvel NFT products, and NFT owners can also resell them through Veve’s secondary marketplace.
- About Veves Platform, vice president of business development and strategy for Marvel Entertainment, says Daniel Fink, the company hopes “to push the boundaries of what Marvel fandoms can be, starting with personal and interactive digital collectibles that fans really get through NFTs and can share ”. and enjoy in a way you couldn’t before. “
- Marvel follows the comic book maker’s competitor, Dc comics, which revealed that NFTs would hit the market in March 2021. This followed a Letter to freelance artists by the legal representative of DC Comics, who urged freelance artists to stop making DC Comics-related NFTs.
- “More details on Marvel’s exciting new digital collectibles coming to Veve will be announced in the next few weeks,” Marvel added on Thursday. “Comic book fans should also be excited for some exciting new revelations coming soon,” added the entertainment company.
What do you think of Marvel Entertainment getting into NFTs? Let us know what you think on this matter in the comments below.
Tags in this story
Photo Credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons, Marvel Comics,
Disclaimer of liability: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or approval of any product, service, or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author are directly or indirectly responsible for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.