• Seasonal Wooden Signs America: 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM July 9, $ 35-40, Art Reach of Mid Michigan 111 E. Broadway Ave., Mt. Pleasant, artreachcenter.org.
• Summer Time Planters: 5-6pm July 10th, Mid Michigan Art Reach 111 E. Broadway Mt. Pleasant, $ 25/30, artreachcenter.org.
• Lost in the Ozone: Exhibition by artist John Swanstrom, 9 am-5pm through July 15, CMU Park Library, free, 989-774-6415.
• Rare images from the Tuskegee Institute: early 20th century images at grpmcollections.org/Detail/collections/335. Also, check out historical images of Lincoln, lumberjacks, World War I, and others.
• Windows GR: Art exhibit at The Grand Rapids Public Museum, 272 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids, free with general admission ($ 2-12) and available at grpm.org/exhibits.
• Wonderfully done: the Artis Collection of African American Fine Art, Wednesdays through Fridays 12:00 PM-5:00PM, Saginaw Art Museum, museum admission $ 7, $ 5 students / seniors, 1126 N. Michigan Ave., Saginaw, saginawartmuseum.org/ausstellung/wunderbar made, 989-754-2491.
Hunter’s Ale House: Freak Daddy Unplugged 7-10 p.m. July 9; Space note 7-10 p.m. July 10, 4855 E. Blue Grass Road, Mt. Pleasant, facebook.com/huntersale, 989-779-2626.
• Thursday Rhythms: Thursdays at 7pm, Highland Blush, 118 Superior, Alma, $ 10 or $ 50 with dinner for two, highlandblush.com.
• Gabe Couch: Clare Summer Concerts 6-8pm July 15, Shamrock Park, 404 Wilcox Pkwy., Clare, claremichigan.com/summer-music-fest.
• Pendulum Lounge: Thursdays from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm at the Midland Center for the Arts, 1801 W. St. Andrews St., Midland, live music, cocktails, small plates, visual arts demonstrations, trivia. more, inside / outside, midlandcenter.org/shows-tickets/pendulum-lounge.
• Mondays to May: every Monday at 7 pm, facebook.com/mayerlewinemusic.
• Kris Pride: daily 2:00 p.m., sessionlive.com/krispridemusic.
• Take it From the Top: Virtual theater workshops for primary school children, lessons start July 19, fees vary, registration at whartoncenter.com/tiftt, 517-884-3166
• Camp Curious: Day camps for students until August, The Grand Rapids Public Museum. Fees start from $ 35, tickets.grpm.org/events.
• mountain. Pleasant Discovery Museum: 10 am-6pm Wed through Mon, $ 8, seniors, group, and military discounts, 5093 E. Remus Road, Mt. Pleasant; mpdiscoverymuseum.org, 989-317-3221.
• Homestead Farm: Farm-related activities from the 1870s, participating in feeding chickens or working in kindergarten 1 pm-5pm July 4th 400 S. Badour Road, Midland. Will be canceled in bad weather. Free, chippewanaturecenter.org.
• Amazing Pollinators: Playable maze to learn how bees, bugs, bats and butterflies contribute to pollination, Mon-Fri 9 am-5pm, Sat 10 am-5pm. and Sun., Grand Rapids Public Museum, 272 Pearl St., Grand Rapids, grpm.org.
• Summer Book Sale: 1-6pm July 9th Veterans Memorial Library, 301 S. University Ave., Mt. Angenehm, 989-773-3242, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Happy Hour Fundraiser: Get me a drink, 5:00 pm-6:30pm July 15, $ 20 donation supports the Humane Animal Treatment Society, The Brass Café, 128 S. Main St., Mt. Pleasant.
• mountain. Pleasant Speedway: 7:45 p.m. July 9, gates open 5:00 p.m., 4658 E. River Road, Mt. Pleasant, 989-773-2387.
• POPnology: Pop Culture and Technology Exhibition, USD 13 for adults, USD 12 for seniors, USD 8 for children, Grand Rapids Public Museum, 272 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids, grpm.org.
The Bohannon Schoolhouse in Mt. Pleasant hosts hands-on activities for all ages on history and science related to popular toys. With the kind permission of the CMU Museum
• Playtime Science & Homespun History: The CMU Museum is hosting a free indoor / outdoor event on the history and science of popular toys, 12 noon – 2pm, July 15, at the Bohannon Schoolhouse & Gerald L. Poor Museum, corner of Preston and West Campus Drive im Berg Pleasant. Every age; COVID precautionary measures in the school building; 989-0774-3829.
• Group Biking: The Mid Michigan Cycling Club is hosting a casual bike ride on a paved path from 6pm to 8pm on July 12th departing from the CMU-RC parking lot and a group ride on a paved street offered by bike shop Motorless Motion, 121 S. Main St., departs. Berg Pleasant. Helmet compulsory, bright clothing and flashing light desirable; facebook.com/MidMidCycling.
• Exciting Thursday: Rubber Ducky Derby & Kids Carnival: July 15, 6:00 p.m., Island Park, 331 N. Main Street, Mt Pleasant, bit.ly/3ysSJxh.
• Farmers Market: Saturdays 9 am-2pm, Broadway Street, Downtown Mt. Pleasant, Thursdays 7:30 am-2pm, Island Park, 301 E. Andre St., Mt. Pleasant, facebook.com/mpfarmersmarket.