Among the many Improvements to the camera of the iPhone 13 is the new photo style. The feature allows you to save a preset for the standard camera app and you can also quickly switch between the five options available at the moment. Let’s see how to use the iPhone 13’s Photo Styles.
Photographic styles are exclusive to the iPhone 13 series. However, there is always the possibility that Apple could extend the functionality to the iPhone 12 or other models in the future with a software update.
What is remarkable is that once you have captured an image using a Photo Style, it cannot be changed. Here’s a look at how to set a style and quickly change it while recording.
How to use iPhone 13 photo styles
Select Photo Styles in Settings
- The first time you open the default camera app on iPhone 13, you’ll see a splash screen asking you to choose a photographic style
- If you haven’t decided on one initially, you can go to the Settings app > camera > swipe down to Photographic styles
- The first option is “Standard style”. Swipe to see how each style compares
- There are a total of 5 styles, with the other four that go beyond the standard being “Rich Contrast”, “Vibrant”, “Warm” and “Cool”.
- At the bottom, tap Use to choose a photographic style
Keep in mind that photo styles only work in the default camera app on iPhone 13 devices when you are using Photo mode.
Camera> Photo Styles” Class =”wp-image-757311″ srcset =”https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/09/how-to-use-iphone-13-photographic-styles.jpg 3000w, https://9to5mac.com/wp-content /uploads/sites/6/2021/09/how-to-use-iphone-13-photographic-styles.jpg?resize=155,78 155w, https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/ 6/2021/09 / how-to-use-iphone-13-photographic-styles.jpg? Resize = 655.328 655w, https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/09/how -to-use-iphone-13-photographic-styles.jpg? resize = 768.384 768w, https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/09/how-to-use-iphone- 13-photographic-styles.jpg? Resize = 1024,512 1024w, https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/09/how-to-use-iphone-13-photographic-styles .jpg? resize = 1536,768 1536w, https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/09/how-to-use-iphone-13-photographic-styles.jpg?resize= 2048,1024 2048w, https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/09/how-to-use-iphone-13-photographic-styles.jpg?resize=350,175 350w, https: //9to5mac.com/wp-content/up loads / s ites / 6/2021/09 / how-to-use-iphone-13-photographic-styles.jpg? resize = 1600,800 1600w, https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/ 6/2021 /09/how-to-use-iphone-13-photographic-styles.jpg?resize=290.145 290w, https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/09/how -to- use-iphone-13-photographic-styles.jpg? resize = 150.75 150w” Sizes =”(max width: 3000px) 100vw, 3000px”/>
This is how Apple describes each one:
- Standard: The standard look created by the iPhone camera that is balanced and lifelike
- Rich Contrast: Darker shadows, richer colors, and stronger contrasts create a dramatic look
- Lively: Wonderfully bright and lively colors ensure a brilliant yet natural look
- Warm: Golden undertones create a warm look
- Cool: Blue undertones make for a cool look
Select iPhone 13 photo styles in the camera app
You can also change photo styles right in the camera app:
- Look for the triple square icon in the top right corner (you can also tap the carrot in the top center of the camera app> then tap the triple square icon just above the shutter button).
- Tap it to quickly swipe between photo styles
- You can also use the filters available in the Photos app to edit pictures with a specific photo style after they have been taken
What do you think of photographic styles? Are you excited to make them an integral part of your workflow? Do share your thoughts in the comments below!
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We Use Income Earning Auto Affiliate Links. More.