CHICAGO SOUTH SUBURBS – The landscape of Friday Night Lenten Fish Fry will look a little different in 2021. Many communities are refraining from serving fish fries in support of local restaurants that have been decimated by the pandemic. Other churches, veterans groups, and fraternal organizations are driving through for their meatless gastro festivals and limiting capacity in their dining rooms and halls in accordance with state COVID-19 guidelines. Here’s a look at your meatless Friday options:
- 5555 W. State Road, Burbank, please enter the main entrance on Girard Drive Only, near the church and parish office.
- Fridays during Lent from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. from February 19, February 26, March 5, March 12 and March 19.
- St. Albert claims their fish roast is the best in town.
- Due to COVID-19 and limited food preparation options, St. Albert’s menu is streamlined, including fish and shrimp dinner $ 8.75, fish sandwich $ 6.50, kids fish dinner $ 7.75, and kids cheese pizza Dinner 4 USD.
- Online order after Ash Wednesday possible.
- York and Gregory Street
- Celebrate 50 years of fish.
- Fridays during Lent, February 28, March 6, March 13, March 20, March 27 and April 3.
- Lunch from 11 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. Dinner from 4 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
- Adult plate, $ 10; Child (12 years and younger): $ 3.
- Fresh home-style cooking with fish (fried or baked), coleslaw, French fries and beets.
- Drinks available.
- Implementation possible.
VFW / American Legion contributions
- 111001 S. Depot Drive, Worth, IL
- Fish roast every Friday during Lent from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. from February 19, February 26, March 5, March 12 and March 19.
- Cod, catfish, shrimp or chicken strips, soup and salad, baked potatoes and French fries.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks and desserts.
- Take away and / or eat out.
- The maximum seating capacity is 75 people with social distancing. Sit at the bar or eat in the back.
- For takeout, call 708-448-6699 or go in and order. The food comes out pretty quickly.
- 17147 Oak Park Ave., Tinley Park
- Fridays during Lent from 4pm to 7pm from February 19th to March 26th.
- CARRYOUT ONLY: Corona whipped cod, haddock whipped with red hooke ale, chipotle lime tilapia and chicken nugget kid’s plates, including tater tots, salad, bread and butter, desserts, coffee and tea. Dinner is $ 10
- Cash and credit cards are accepted.
- Call or come to the implementation. Orders come out in less than 10 minutes. People will be on the phone and taking orders starting Friday at 3:00 p.m. at 708-532-2333 or 708-532-5908.
- 1026 E. 9th St., Lockport
- Fridays during Lent from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. from February 19 to March 26.
- Beer-Crusted Icelandic Cod 3 Pieces $ 9 (4 pieces $ 11); Fish Shrimp Combo and Panko-Encrusted Butterfly Shrimp Combo (8 pcs), $ 11; Premium chicken tender dinner, with a choice of dipping sauce, $ 8; Soup de jour and entrees $ 5.
- 15052 Archer Ave., Lockport
- Food helps our veterans, dedicated men and women and their families.
- Cod, catfish, sea bass, prawns, combo (shrimp & cod), baked pikeperch and even chicken strips for the kids.
- All dinners include: Baked Potato or Tater Tots, Coleslaw, Bread & Butter. Sometimes we have surprise specials! (You never know what Mike will come up with: homemade bowl of soup, prime rib, or crab legs).
- Fish Fry takes place every Friday from 5pm to 8pm. Dine-in and carry-out at 815-838-4515.
- Harry Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox
- Fridays all year round from 5pm to 8pm
- Voted one of the Top 5 Fish Fries in Chicagoland by WGNs “Chicago’s Best”.
- EXECUTION ONLY: All orders must be placed by phone from 3:30 p.m. on 815-485-8369. Wear a face mask when you pick up your order.
- Fish, shrimp, fish and shrimp combo and chicken dinner and side dishes. The full menu and prices can be found here.
- Cash and credit cards are accepted.
- 3220 W. 159th St., Markham
- Fridays during Lent from 3pm to 7pm from February 19th to March 26th and April 2nd.
- ONLY PERFORM; can add dinner later.
- Serving catfish and Cajun catfish dinners, $ 7; 1-part Cod, $ 7 and 2 pcs. Cod, $ 12; Shrimp $ 12; and fish prawn dinner, $ 15, including fries and coleslaw.
- Call 708-596-6990 to place an order.
- 5850 W. 103rd St., Oak Lawn
- The seats are open during Lent from February 19 to March 26 and April 2 on Fridays from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Lightly breaded and seasoned fish, homemade hush puppies and baked potatoes, Stony Creek garden salad, and homemade coleslaw. $ 14.95 for adults, $ 8.95 for children 10 and under.
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. Indoor seating capacity subject to state guidelines. For takeout and meal reservations, call 708-857-2433.
- 12601 S. Kedzie Ave, Alsip
- 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., every Friday during Lent from February 28 to April 10.
- Fish offerings include shrimp cooked $ 17.95, clam soup $ 2.75; Fried Shrimp Dinner (8 pieces), $ 13.95, Cod with Beer, $ 11.95; combined dinner with prawns and cod; $ 12.95; Backnine Burger, $ 8.50; Tuna noodle salad, $ 7.95; Pepper Jack Vegetable Quesadilla Dinner, $ 8.95.
- Children’s Menu, Grilled Cheese, Chicken Tender, Cheese Quesadilla, $ 5.95.
- Drinks and takeaway available
- Reservations are highly recommended but not required.
- Call 708-385-9266 for more information and reservations.
- St. Jude Church, 241 W. Second Ave., New Lenox
- Price range $ 4- $ 10.
- ONLY PERFORM.
- Fridays during Lent from 5pm to 8pm from February 19th to March 26th.
- 2427 Grove St., Blue Island
- Fridays during Lent from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., February 19 to March 26, 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., but call beforehand
- Carry-out, 708-388-9739
Bars / restaurants
Chuck’s Southerns Comfort Cafe (Burbank)
- 6501 W. 79th St., Burbank
- Fridays during Lent from February 19th to March 26th.
- Includes making your own seafood platter, fried perch dinner, egg salad sandwich, pepper and egg sandwich, and California fish tacos. The full menu and prices can be found here.
- Dine-in or carryout. Reservations are highly recommended, call 708-229-8700.
Athens Gyros (Alsip)
- 5430 W. 127th St., Alsip
- Lent specialties including fish sandwiches, catfish, and other meatless options.
So you’re not looking for or shouting for your favorite fish roast, here are the parishes sitting in 2021: St. Christina Church (Mount Greenwood / Chicago); St. Germaine and St. Catherine of Alexandria (Oak Lawn); St. Christopher / Boy Scout Troop 358 (Midlothian); St. Damian (oak forest); St. Joseph Parish (Homewood); and St. Patrick Church and SS. Cyril and Methodius Parish (Lemont).
Did we miss one? Email your fry information to email@example.com