Woody Allen doesn’t believe Dylan Farrow “lies” in her claims that he molested her as a child.
The director of ‘Vicky Cristina Barcelona’ has repeatedly denied claims by his adopted daughter that he molested her when she was seven, and in a recent interview, the 85-year-old filmmaker reiterated his earlier claims that Dylan had been trained in what of her mother, his former partner Mia Farrow.
In the interview, which first aired on CBS Sunday Morning that weekend, he said, “I think she thinks so. She was a good kid. I don’t think she made it up. I don’t think so “She’s lying. I think she thinks that.”
Dylan’s allegations were first made when Woody split from Mia in 1992, and the filmmaker was not charged, despite prosecutors admitting there was likely cause for a criminal case.
However, Woody insisted that the idea that he molested his daughter was “absurd” and did not believe the allegations would be investigated at all.
He said, “Why would a man who is 57 years old? I’ve never been charged with anything in my life. I’m suddenly pulling up to Mia’s country house (age) seven in the middle of a controversial custody battle.” – old girl. It was just – on the surface, I didn’t think it needed investigation.
“It’s so absurd, and yet the smear has remained. And they still prefer to hold on to the idea that I molested Dylan, the possibility that I molested them. Nothing I have ever had with Dylan in my life did so could be misunderstood. “
Dylan recently recalled the “intense” and “stressful” experience of being up on her allegations nine times over a three month period as a child and admitted that she felt she had “lied” after herself had to defend repeatedly.
In the HBO documentaries ‘Allen v Farrow,’ which Woody has described as a “hatchet job full of falsehoods,” she said, “If I change a word here, they say I’m inconsistent if I use the exact same words that I do used every other time, I was trained. “
CBS News said they had decided to post the Woody interview now because of “renewed interest in the filmmaker controversy” following the four-part HBO documentaries.
They added in a statement, “Lee Cowan sat down with Woody Allen in July 2020 after his memoirs were published for Allen’s first major television interview in nearly three decades. The interview, which took place during an active news cycle last summer, is now given renewed interest in the filmmaker controversy.
“The Paramount Plus Exclusive is an opportunity to explore everyone, their career and the allegations in the context and with the depth that this story requires.”