JCDecaux is the only company in the Media & Entertainment body that has achieved an AAA value in the MSCI Agency’s Corporate Social Responsibility 2020 ranking for non-financial evaluations
Paris, March 3, 2021 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the world’s leading out-of-home advertising company, announced that it was once again included in the corporate social responsibility list of the MSCI * (Morgan Stanley Capital International) rating agency, with the maximum AAA rating.
JCDecaux has been rated AAA since 2018 and is the only company on the Media & Entertainment body to receive the maximum rating from MSCI in 2020. The total number of points for the group was 6.7 / 10, which is 4.2 / 10, well above the industry average.
The MSCI rating agency therefore praises JCDecaux for its solid governance and effective strategy in managing ethical, social and environmental risks. In particular, the group achieved the maximum rating of the environmental performance in relation to the CO2 emissions policy of 10/10.
The continued inclusion of JCDecaux in this index confirms its expertise and resilience in relation to ESG practices, which were already recognized by two other non-financial rating agencies in 2020:
- The Climate Change rating agency of the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), which recognized JCDecaux’s commitments, action plans and results in the fight against climate change by maintaining the “A Leadership” ranking for the second consecutive year.
- The FTSE Russell, which has listed JCDecaux in its FTSE4Good index since 2014, gave the group a 4.6 / 5 rating in 2020, well above the sector’s average of 2.8 / 5.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: “After the announcement of our renewal in the non-financial FTSE4Good index in February 2021 with an overall improved performance of 4.6 / 5 and 5/5 in the environmental assessment criteria, JCDecaux is again recognized by the non-financial rating agency MSCI for its ESG performance in the year 2020. The recognition of our sustainability strategy by non-financial rating agencies shows the excellence of our environmental, social and governance practices as well as our ongoing commitment to ensuring transparency for our stakeholders. “
* Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) is one of the leading analysis and rating agencies for environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices in companies. It assesses the resilience of over 8,500 companies to long-term ESG risks and ranks them from AAA to CCC based on their exposure to the ESG risks specific to their sector and their ability to manage those risks compared to their peers. These assessments are used by over 1,400 investors worldwide in building and managing their asset portfolios.
Key figures for JCDecaux
- Sales 2020: € 2,312 million
- Present in 3,890 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- A daily audience of more than 890 million people in more than 80 countries
- 13,210 employees
- Market leader in self-service bike rental: a pioneer in environmentally friendly mobility
- 1. Out-of-home media company joining RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energy)
- JCDecaux is listed on Euronext Paris’ euro list and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indices
- JCDecaux is known for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good, MSCI and CDP (Climate Change) rankings
- 1,061,630 billboards worldwide
- No. 1 worldwide for street furniture (517,800 billboards)
- Worldwide No. 1 in traffic advertising with more than 160 airports and 270 contracts in subways, buses, trains and trams (379,970 billboards)
- No. 1 in Europe for billboards (136,750 billboards)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (636,620 billboards)
- # 1 in Outdoor Advertising in Asia Pacific (260,700 Billboards)
- # 1 in Outdoor Advertising in Latin America (69,490 Billboards)
- # 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22,760 billboards)
- # 1 in Outdoor Advertising in the Middle East (15,510 Billboards)
For more information on JCDecaux, please visit jcdecaux.com.
Visit us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Communications department:: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – email@example.com
Investor Relations:: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org