LAS VEGAS (FOX5) – Caesars Entertainment announced this week that it has donated $ 3.1 million to nonprofits across southern Nevada from funds raised by the company’s paid parking lots.
According to a press release, the funds will go to nine organizations in the valley.
“The bulk of the funding will reduce critical needs for food and shelter, including major gifts of $ 1 million each to St. Jude’s Children’s Ranch and Catholic charities in southern Nevada,” the company said in the press release.
Caesars notes that the donation will allow Catholic charities to expand their vital meal on wheels delivery service and renovate their emergency shelter for the homeless. At St. Jude’s Children’s Ranch, funds will be used to build the organization’s first residential therapeutic center for children who are victims of sex trafficking.
The organizations that receive funding include:
- Catholic Charities in Southern Nevada – $ 1 million
- St. Jude’s Ranch for Children – $ 1 million
- Cleanse the World – $ 300,000
- Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Brain Health Center – $ 200,000
- The Las Vegas Shadow Tree – $ 200,000
- The Goodie Two Shoes Foundation – $ 100,000
- Kyas Smiles Foundation – $ 100,000
- The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Foundation – $ 100,000
- Special Olympics Nevada – $ 100,000
The press release also notes that parking at Caesars’ Las Vegas resorts will remain free for Nevada residents with valid ID, registered hotel guests, and platinum and higher-rated Caesars Rewards loyalty members.
According to Caesars, all other guests have to park themselves at Caesars Palace, Ballys Las Vegas, Cromwell, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrahs Las Vegas, LINQ Hotel + Experience and Paris Las Vegas.
According to the company, all guests entering Caesars’ parking garages are given a 60-minute grace period before parking fees apply. Parking in the Miracle Mile Shops of the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino and in the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino is free for all guests.
Copyright 2021 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.