Britney Spears’ father agrees to step down as conservator

Britney Spears’ father, Jamie Spears, is leaving the Los Angeles County High Court on March 10, 2008.

Valerie Macon | AFP | Getty Images

After months of public pressure, James Spears agreed on Thursday to eventually step down as his daughter’s curator.

“Mr. Spears stands ready to step down when the time is right, but the transition must be orderly and include a settlement of the pending court cases,” the James Spears legal team said on a judicial file. “Mr. Spears intends to work with the court and his daughter’s new attorney to prepare for an orderly transition to a new conservator.”

The filing claimed that there were no actual grounds for suspending or removing James Spears and that it was “very questionable whether a change of restorer at this point would be in Ms. Spears’ best interests”.

No schedule has been set for the change.

Britney Spears has been a listed building for 13 years, but Pop-Start has filed a request to end the deal. Mathew Rosengart started replacing the singer last month. As Britney Spears’ new lawyer, Rosengart petitioned her father in late July through Jason Rubin. to replace, a certified auditor, as the pop star’s sole restorer.

Rubin is a Principal at Certified Strategies, a firm experienced in asset management, investigating elderly financial abuse, investing fraud investigations and securities litigation.

“We are pleased that Mr. Spears and his attorney admitted in a file today that he needs to be removed. It’s a justification for Britney. However, we are disappointed with their ongoing shameful and reprehensible attacks on Ms. Spears and others, “Rosengart said in a statement.

Rosengart’s testimony indicated that this is not the end of the legal battle between the two.

“We look forward to continuing our vigorous investigation into the conduct of Mr. Spears and others over the past 13 years as he raised millions of dollars from his daughter’s estate, and I look forward to sharing Mr. Spears’ affidavit in the near future, “said Rosengart.

The singer’s net worth is estimated at more than $ 50 million. She has made several allegations of abuse against her father, claiming he used the agreement for personal gain. James Spears has publicly denied these allegations.

This is breaking news. Please check again for updates.

Physician agrees with Biden that Fb is ‘killing individuals’ with Covid misinformation

Dr. Nahid Bhadelia, founding director of the Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases at Boston University, told CNBC that she was medically in agreement with the president Joe Biden‘s claim that platforms like Facebook kill people by allowing misinformation about Covid-19 vaccines on their services.

“I think social media plays a huge role in spreading misinformation that leads people not to take the vaccine, which is killing them,” said Bhadelia. “It’s the honest truth. Covid is a vaccine-preventable disease at the moment.”

Bhadelia cited results of the Kaiser Family Fund survey It found that 54% of Americans either believe or cannot tell whether a common myth about the Covid vaccine is fact or fiction.

The US is struggling with a declining vaccination rate and an increase in infections. All 50 states have reported spikes in Covid cases over the past week, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. The US has an average of more than 26,000 new cases a day, and that’s the highest number in two months, according to Johns Hopkins.

Bhadelia told CNBCs “The News with Shepard Smith” She believes social media companies can do a lot more to stop the spread of disinformation.

“You have to invest a lot more resources and improve your balance to clear that information faster, invest more resources in changing your matrix, because right now what is on top of your page is not right, but what it is is popular, “said Bhadelia, a medical worker for NBC News.

She also suggested that social media companies should partner with public health officials more to get the right information out to the people.

Facebook spoke out against the claims of the White House.

“We will not be distracted by allegations that are not supported by the facts,” said a spokesman. “The fact is, more than 2 billion people have viewed authoritative information about COVID-19 and vaccines on Facebook, more than any other place on the internet. More than 3.3 million Americans have also used our vaccine finder tool to find out where and how to get a vaccine. The facts show that Facebook helps save lives. Point.”

County agrees to rent spending advisor for reduction cash

With $ 16.2 million in the Bartholomew County’s government under the American Rescue Plan (ARP), local officials have chosen to seek professional advice to ensure they are spending it properly.

Baker Tilly US, LLP – a Chicago-based accounting and advisory firm based in Indianapolis – made an offer to ensure that all Bartholomew County officials who shop with these funds are subject to strict federal guidelines.

The county will receive about $ 8 million on or before May 11, while the remaining $ 8.2 million will come in next year, said county auditor Pia O’Connor.

Under the agreement, Baker will charge Tilly a variable hourly rate for her advice, but the total amount of the contract, approved by the Bartholomew County Commissioners on Monday, cannot exceed $ 25,000 over the next two years, commissioner chairman Larry said Kleinhenz.

The offer was made less than a week after the commissioners and Bartholomew County Council reached an informal consensus that professional advice was needed.

During the council meeting on April 19, Kleinhenz warned that the county would face significant fines if the money was not spent according to the set criteria, including getting the money back.

O’Connor said while her office was able to ensure that the $ 2.68 million received almost a year ago through the Coronavirus Aid, Aid, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was properly used and allocated, the restrictions on these new agents are much greater and more specific.

“It’s one of those things that if we don’t spend this money properly we definitely don’t want to be able to pay it back,” O’Connor told commissioners.

Elected officials limit their spending on the following general areas:

Responding to the public health emergency related to COVID-19 or its adverse economic impact. This could include helping households, small businesses, nonprofits, or helping affected industries such as tourism, travel, and hospitality.

To respond to workers performing essential work during the public health emergency by providing award payment to eligible Columbus, Bartholomew County government and unqualified local government employees. The funds could also grant grants to certain employers who have eligible employees who do essential work.

For providing government services to the extent of reducing revenue for Columbus, the Bartholomew County Government, and unqualified local government entities due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. This provision would relate to the revenue generated in the last full fiscal year of the local government.

Necessary investments in water, sewer or broadband infrastructure as approved by the US Treasury Department.

In addition, the district is prohibited from using these funds to lower taxes, to increase pension funds or to finance the general expenses of the district.

But Commissioner Tony London said the relief fund has other buckets of money that could include millions for things like transportation, mental health care, infrastructure, rural broadband expansion and public health.

“Baker Tilly will also help us raise these funds,” said London. “That is part of their professional service. If money is available we have to try. “

The commissioners are expected to work with financial advisor Jason Semler, who worked for HJ Umbaugh and Associates until that firm was acquired by Baker Tilly in 2019.

The aid came after President Joe Biden signed a law on March 11 to approve aid to local and state governments.

Christina Ricci agrees custody association with estranged husband James Heerdegen | Leisure

Christina Ricci and her estranged husband have reached a custody agreement for their six-year-old son Freddie.

The Addams Family star broke up with James Heerdegen in July last year, and it has now been confirmed that the former couple have signed a new custody contract for their son that will allow Christina to take Freddie with her to Canada, where she is making a film new film.

kAmp44 @ C5:? 8 E @! 6 @ A = 6> 282K:? 6th[ 2 ;F586 D:8?65 @77 @? E96 A2A6CD =2DE H66< 27E6C E96J H6C6 7:=65 :? |2C49[ 2?5 r9C:DE:?2 H:== 7=J E@ '2?4@FG6C H:E9 uC655:6 =2E6C E9:D >@?E9]k ^ am

kAmpD A2CE @ 7 E96 4FDE @ 5J 28C66> 6? E.[ y2>6D 😀 2==@H65 E@ 4@?E:?F6 G:D:E:?8 E96:C D@? E9C@F89 9:D QC68F=2C >@?:E@C65 G:D:E2E:@? E:>6Q 2?5 r9C:DE:?2 H:== A2J 7@C 9:D QC62D@?23=6 4@DED 7@C EC2G6= 2?5 244@>>@52E:@?D”]k ^ am

kAmr9C: DE:? 2 H: == 2 = D @ D6 = 64E 2 9 @ E6 = 7 @ C y2> 6D: 7 96 EC2G6 = DE @ ‘2? 4 @ FG6C E @ D66 uC655: 6[ 2?5 E96 4:?6>2E@8C2A96C 😀 6?E:E=65 E@ `d>:?FE6 u246%:>6 42==D H:E9 E96:C D@? E9C66 E:>6D A6C H66<]k ^ am

kAm% 96 4FDE @ 5J 2CC2? 86> 6? E 4 @> 6D; FDE 2 76H> @? E9D 27E6C r9C: DE:? 2 @ 3E2:? 65 2 C6DEC2:?:? 8 @ C56C 282:? DE y2> 6D 27E6C 244FD:? 8 9:> @ 7 36:? 8 G: @ = 6? EE @ H2C5D 96C 7 @ C D6G6? J62CD]k ^ Am

kAmr9C: DE 😕 2 4 = 2:> 65 D96 H2D DF3; 64E65 E @ “D6G6C6 A9JD: 42 = 2? 5 6> @E: @? 2 = 23FD6” 3J y2> 6D H: E9 “> 2? J @ 7 E96D6 24ED @ 7 23FD6“ E2 <:? 8 A = 246:? 7C @? E @ 7 E96: CD @?[ 2?5 2 ;F586 CF=65 y2>6D >FDE DE2J 2E =62DE a__ J2C5D 2H2J 7C@> 96C[ E96:C D@? 2?5 E96:C 72>:=J 5@8]k ^ am

kAm% 96 c_ J62C @ = 5 24EC6DD DE2E65 E96 2 == 6865 23FD6 3682? 😕 a_`b H96? D96 7 @ F? 5 @ FE D96 H2D AC68? 2? E 2? 5 D96 4 = 2:> 65 y2> 6D 92D 2 = D @ E9C62E6? 65 E @ Q.<:==Q 96C @? >F = E: A = 6 @ 442D: @? D]k ^ Am

kAm $ 96 HC @ E6:? 2 564 = 2C2E: @? I Qx 3682? E @ 766 = 6IEC6> 6 = J: D @ = 2E65]Qk ^ Am

kAm $ 96 2 = D @ C642 == 65 2 72>: = J G242E: @? E @} 6H + 62 = 2? 5 H96C6 96C DA @ FD6 QD2: 5 D @> 6E9:? 8 E92E> 256> 6 E9 😕 <:== >6]Qk ^ Am

kAm $ 96 HC @ E6i Qw6 D2: 5 E96 @? = J H2J 96 4 @ F = 5 766 = D @ CCJ 7 @ C> 6: D: 7 x H6C6 5: D> 6> 36C65:? E @ D> 2 == A: 646D]k ^ Am

kAmQ% 92E?: 89E x 9: 5 2 == E96 J =: 76 2? 5 E96 =: 76 @ 7 @FC D @?]XD = 6AE:? 2 D6A2C2E6 365C @@> H: E9 uC655: 6[ 2?5 x =@4<65 E96 5@@C]Qk ^ Am

kAmx? 2 DE2E6> 6? E 2E E96 E:> 6[ y2>6D‘ 2EE@C?6J D2:5 96 “F?6BF:G@42==J 56?:6D 2== 2==682E:@?D @7 23FD6 >256 3J |D] #: 44: 2D 92G:? 8 @ 44FCC65:? a_a_ ”]k ^ Am

Grownup Leisure Resumes In Baltimore Friday Afternoon After Metropolis Agrees To Carry COVID Restriction – CBS Baltimore

BALTIMORE (WJZ) – After Baltimore City reached an agreement with strip clubs on Wednesday, adult entertainment was allowed to reopen on Friday afternoon.

The change took effect on Friday at 3 p.m. Under the recent order from Mayor Brandon Scott, entertainment venues, including adult entertainment, comedy clubs, and nightclubs, may allow live performances, but performers must wear masks and comply with social distancing rules at all times.

CONTINUE READING: Governor Hogan Honors Those Who Lost Their Lives to COVID-19; Mark March 5th as Remembrance Day

This comes days after the owner of a Baltimore strip club sued the city over COVID-19 Regulations he said are unfairly targeting adult entertainment venues. The The association and the city reached an agreement so that they can open again.

Andrew Alley of the Penthouse Club said his First Amendment rights have been violated as other indoor entertainment venues such as bowling alleys and ice rinks have reopened.

“We’re glad we came to this meeting of the spirits, but they marginalized us,” said Alley.

In a press release, the club said it is “excited to resume live entertainment and excited that its employees can get back to work.

CONTINUE READING: Baltimore is now releasing whether people vaccinated against COVID-19 locally are residents of the city or from other areas

“We’re a microcosm of the city – single mothers, students, heads of household,” said Alley.

Minutes after reopening, the club sent an email saying they “fought hard to bring you the show you have been missing for months!”

In neighboring Anne Arundel and Baltimore counties, adult entertainment was at 50% capacity.

Alley said this is evidence that these clubs can safely open.

See below: Mayor Scott’s full press conference:

MORE NEWS: Study: High School Students Abusing Prescription Opioids Are At Higher Risk of Suicidal Behavior

For the latest information on coronavirus, see Maryland Health Department website or call 211. The full coverage of WJZ can be found at Coronavirus in Maryland here.

Cuomo agrees to impartial probe of sexual harassment allegations

Andrew Cuomo, New York Governor, speaks to reporters during a press conference at a COVID-19 pop-up vaccination center in the William Reid Apartments in Brooklyn, New York City, the United States, on Jan. 23, 2021.

Mary Altaffer | Reuters

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo On Sunday, he abandoned his plan to appoint a former federal judge who will be in close contact with one of the governor’s top advisors to oversee an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment against him.

The Cuomo administration said it would ask New York attorney general Letitia James and Janet DiFiore, the chief justice of the state’s highest court, to decide who will oversee an independent investigation. The decision would help “avoid even perceiving a lack of independence or inferring politics,” Cuomo’s special adviser Beth Garvey said in a statement.

“We will leave all decisions regarding the investigation at the discretion of the independent attorney chosen by the Attorney General and the Chief Justice,” Garvey said.

The governor’s reversal came after a number of Democrats criticized the governor’s initial decision to conduct a review and called for an independent investigation into the allegations after a second aide came forward to allege sexual harassment against Cuomo. Some Democratic lawmakers also joined some Republicans in urging Cuomo to resign immediately.

Cuomo’s office initially said it would select former federal judge Barbara Jones to lead the review. Jones had worked with Cuomo’s top advisor, Steven Cohen.

The requirements for an independent investigation follow a New York Times Report released Saturday night describing the allegations made by Charlotte Bennett, a 25-year-old former aide to the governor, who said Cuomo asked her about her sex life and whether she was monogamous in relationships and was ever “with an elder.” been “was man.”

It was the second allegation against the governor in a week. Former Adjutant Lindsey Boylan, Former State Economic Development Officer, detailed allegations of sexual harassment against Cuomo last week, including a kiss without her consent in his Manhattan office. Cuomo has denied Boylan’s allegations.

Cuomo responded to Bennett’s allegations in a statement on Saturdayand said he intended to serve as a mentor and “never made any progress toward Mrs. Bennett, nor did I ever intend to act in a manner that was inappropriate.”

Pressure from democrats

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Cuomo should undergo an independent review of both allegations in an interview on CNN on Sunday. President Joe Biden supports this and “we believe we should move forward as soon as possible”.

A spokesman for Senator Chuck Schumer, DN.Y., said the Senator believes the allegations “should be investigated thoroughly and independently.” Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, DN.Y., also called for an “independent, transparent and prompt investigation into these grave and deeply worrying allegations.”

MP Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, DN.Y., along with other Democrats, called for an independent investigation into the governor, led not by someone chosen by Cuomo, but by the Attorney General.

“Lindsey Boylan and Charlotte Bennett’s detailed reports of sexual harassment by Governor Cuomo are extremely serious and painful to read,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote in a tweet on Sunday morning. “There needs to be an independent investigation – not one led by someone chosen by the governor, but by the attorney general.”

The new allegations also come after a January report that the Cuomo government failed to report thousands of Covid-19 deaths in state nursing homes.

New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio, a Democrat, said Sunday that Cuomos state lawmakers must immediately revoke emergency powers overriding local scrutiny and called for two separate independent investigations into the sexual misconduct allegations and the undercounting Deaths in nursing homes.

“New Yorkers have seen detailed, documented reports of sexual harassment, multiple cases of intimidation and admitted withholding of information about the deaths of over 15,000 people,” De Blasio said in a statement. “Questions of this magnitude cannot hang over their heads as New Yorkers fight a pandemic and economic crisis.”

New York State Senator Alessandra Biaggi praised the two women for their allegations and called on the governor to step down in a statement posted on Twitter Saturday night.

“The harassment of these former employees is part of a clear pattern of abuse and manipulation by the governor, and that pattern makes him unworthy of the highest office in New York,” wrote Biaggi.

Republicans again urged Cuomo to resign after the second allegation, including MP Elise Stefanik, RN.Y., who described the governor as a “criminal sexual predator” in a statement on Saturday and said he should resign immediately.