In the most famous goal Trevor Zegras was involved (so far) he set up Sonny Milan for an alley-oop goal, essentially reshuffling the goal “Michigan” or lacrosse style. But, hey, you gotta keep the defense honest by making sure they know* you can pull off the actual move, right?* During Thursday’s game against the Canadiens, the Ducks’ rising star Trevor Zegras actually added a lacrosse-style goal from “Michigan” added to his already growing highlight role.
Trevor Zegras of the Ducks scores a Michigan lacrosse-style goal
Choose how you really want to watch Trevor Zegras take off on Michigan. Just make sure you watch it.
If you like, check out the video above the title of this post. If you prefer to go the GIF/Twitter embed route, go here:
– NHL GIFs (@NHLGIFs) January 28, 2022
That raises some burning questions.
- Which goal is better, Zegras scoring that “Michigan” goal or Zegras fielding Sonny Milano with his own version of the lacrosse style setup?
- What tricks will Zegras have up its sleeve? for the upcoming Breakaway Challenge during NHL All-Star Weekend 2022?
- Will we see another spate of lacrosse-style goals? Nice way to shake things up as we are in the dog days of the NHL season.
As of this writing, Zegras scored twice against the Canadians, which put him on 12 goals and 32 points in 40 games – assuming he doesn’t add more on Thursday.
While the habs get beat up Jake Evans added a big goal of their own, so enjoy this as a bonus:
* – At this rate, defenses are likely assuming that Zegras can work wonders. They just don’t know how to stop him.