SAN FRANCISCO, July 14, 2021 – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Public valuers are dedicated insurance professionals who stand up on behalf of the insured during the claims process and they can make a real difference for homeowners and business owners looking to make up for their losses and rebuild after losing their property in a fire. Earthquake, flood, or other disaster.
“Most people have never heard of public regulators,” noted Steve Severaid, director of Greenspan Adjusters Co. “I have no doubt that public regulators are underutilized.”
To conceptualize the role of a public expert, it is best to think of them as a claims expert. In every insurance policy there are rights to which you are entitled. Public reviewers work to achieve your optimal standard.
Insurance companies also have appraisers; they are the central point of contact in the claims process who, among other things, request documents to prove your asset value. What you may not be aware of is that there is an inherent conflict of interest between the insured and the insurance company’s expert.
This appraiser works for the insurance company, not for you, the insured. Your goal is to maximize profits for the insurance company, which often does not coincide with paying your optimal claim. The goals of a public appraiser align with yours. They usually work on an emergency basis, which gives them an incentive to do their best for you.
How exactly does a public appraiser save you money?
There are many ways a public appraiser can save you money. While some involve holding dollars in the bank, others are less obvious but just as important.
1. After a disaster, while you are focusing on negotiating with your carrier, your company may have problems with customer and employee retention. Once you’re engaged, a public reviewer will assess your goals and develop a strategy for achieving them so you can focus on business. Often overlooked, this factor is critical to keeping your business running.
The story goes on
2. Processing insurance claims costs a disproportionate amount of time and energy – and as the saying goes: “Time is money”. Without a public appraiser, you could spend tens of hours arguing with the insurance company. Public experts manage your claims and give you time to focus on what’s important.
3. Public regulators benefit when you benefit. Although individual situations may vary, most public experts receive a “success fee” when paid as an insured. Therefore, when you hire a public expert, there is no conflict of interest and very little financial burden on you.
4. Public experts help you with the optimal insurance billing. This is money that you are already owed as a result of your insurance coverage, but which you usually do not receive in full without a knowledgeable professional by your side. Public experts understand the subtleties and nuances of each individual policy and the settlement process in ways that the average person cannot. This knowledge is essential when negotiating complex claims. Hiring a public appraiser paves the playing field to make sure nothing is on the table.
5. Even before a disaster occurs, public experts can ensure that you are properly insured for your specific situation. Public experts know what to look for when purchasing a policy, including specific insurance coverage such as Not all coverage is required for every property, so public valuers can expertly appraise each property and recommend insurance packages to ensure you are neither over nor underinsured.
If you’re wondering if a public appraiser can help you save money, call Greenspan Co./ Adjusters International at 800-248-3888 for a free consultation.
Via The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International
Founded in 1946, The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International is the West Coast’s leading public regulator serving both commercial real estate and homeowners. With more than 75 years of experience fighting for our customers, Greenspan Adjusters has the expertise and track record to prepare, present and negotiate insurance claims to ensure you get what you are entitled to. And as insurance professionals who represent the interests of our clients – not the insurance company – Greenspan Public Appraisers can save you time and reduce stress while we negotiate the deal you deserve. For more information on how a public surveyor can make your life easier after a loss, see www.greenspanai.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210714005730/en/